I saw on Hewy's "No Sleep in Helena" blog (helena-alabama.blogspot.com) that they are doing the blanket drive again this year. This would be a great way to give this Christmas season!
Here is what Hewy wrote on his blog:
Ashley L. told me that the Wrapped in Warmth Blanket and Throw drive is happening again at Helena Intermediate. This event has been covered in the news in years past and really makes an impact locally. They are hoping to collect over 250 NEW blankets/throws that will be donated to New Beacon Hospice in Alabaster. They provide in-home service to terminally ill patients in our area. It doesn’t cost much; Walgreens and Dollar General have them for just $3.99 and $4.99. They will be collecting them at HIS from Thanksgiving to Christmas. Please help wrap those in need in warmth this holiday season! I always want to instill a sense of giving in my children so I remember going with them to Walmart and having them chose a blanket and explaining how this would help someone else. I would encourage everyone this season (even with the tight budgets) to include your children in one of theses activities.
- November (3)
- October (5)
- September (8)
- August (12)
- July (8)
- June (8)
- May (9)
- April (4)
- March (8)
- February (19)
- January (9)
- December (12)
- A Trip to Anthropologie
- Southern Soiree
- Distressed Picture Frames, Burlap Cross Boards and...
- Kitchen Hutch and Painted Piece
- Kitchen Hutch, Chest of Drawers and Etsy
- Wrapped in Warmth Blanket and Throw Drive
- Here are some cute things I saw on Pinterest today...
- Open Houses This Weekend along Shelby County Antiq...
- Birmingham Junior League Christmas Market
- A Few Pics in Booth and Hobby Lobby Drawer Pulls
- Come Thrifting With Me!
- More Inspiration from Pinterest...
- Booth at Prince of Peace Show
- Some Customer Pieces
- Carter Oosterhouse's 10-Minute Kitchen Makeover
- Moved into The Blu Building
- NEW CONTACT INFO FOR THE FRENCH FLEA!
- Prince of Peace Christmas in November Craft Show!
- The Blu Building
- This Weekend's Shows
- Shows this Weekend, Customer Pieces and Styling
- October (23)
- September (26)
- August (15)
- July (10)
- June (21)
- May (31)
- April (34)
- March (39)
- February (58)
- January (80)
- The French Flea is a Birmingham, AL based business specializing in selling painted and distressed furniture, rustic home decor and more. It reflects a love of anything french, rustic, shabby, chippy paint, distressed! We currently have a booth at Greystone Antiques on Hwy. 280 in Hoover and The Blue Building in Alabaster. We also offer custom furniture painting and will be your "picker" or personal shopper and look for pieces you are in search of! To contact The French Flea, call Karen at 721-0578 or email email@example.com!