Monday, December 12, 2011

Vintage End Tables, Simply Seleta, Mercury Glass and Napkin Rings!

Whenever I go shopping for furniture, there always seems to be those long vintage end tables but they don't sell that well to be used as end tables these days although I think they still make great end tables. So I was thinking of another way to use them. Here is a piece I am working on - it is one of those end tables but it has spindles on both sides and not a drawer in front so you can actually turn it sideways. Paired with a tall mirror, it is great to be used in a foyer or hallway. Or these are also great to use as bases and put a cabinet, shelf or hutch on top and it really can look like one piece!




I was flipping through the December issue of Southern Living this weekend and saw an article on Selena of the blog, Simply Selena. I used to follow her blog but had never added it to blog list (which I'm doing today!) She had pictures of her beautiful home in the article.




I don't have any mercury glass in my home but I've been seeing it everywhere in the stores. These pictures are mostly from Christmas decorating but you can use it anytime and it is so pretty!




Another article I saw in Southern Living showed how one of the writers went to the Nashville Flea Market (which I've heard is great) and bought a bunch of vintage brooches that had loose backings and removed all the back part and epoxyed them on to plain napkin rings. That's a great way to use vintage brooches and I think it would be so cute just to have a different one at each place setting! (Pictures from Pinterest)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Etsy Page

Flickr Page

www.flickr.com
thefrenchfleashop's items Go to thefrenchfleashop's photostream

Followers

About Me

My photo
The French Flea is a Birmingham, AL based business specializing in selling painted and distressed furniture, rustic home decor and more. It reflects a love of anything french, rustic, shabby, chippy paint, distressed! We currently have a booth at Greystone Antiques on Hwy. 280 in Hoover and The Blue Building in Alabaster. We also offer custom furniture painting and will be your "picker" or personal shopper and look for pieces you are in search of! To contact The French Flea, call Karen at 721-0578 or email kbush422@gmail.com!