Tuesday, July 12, 2011

I'm A Picker!

My favorite part of what I do for The French Flea is going out and hunting for great pieces. Since I have more time after closing the shop, I am getting more into the "picking" part of the business which I love. A lot of furniture dealers in town like to use pickers because they either don't have the time or just don't prefer that part of the business. But...I'm not just picking for dealers - I also pick for individuals who are looking for particular pieces! If I find a piece, I email them a picture and if they like it, they tell me how they want it painted. So if you are wanting a piece and don't have the time or don't know where to look, feel free to let me know and I will put you on my list and let you know if I find something!

Here is a dresser I just sold to Emily. She was looking for a piece to go in her little girl's room so I sent her pictures as I got pieces in and she liked this one. I actually painted it white for her to go with a bed she had that I painted white.

Here is a piece I found for Brooke.

Here is a bed I am finishing up for Kelly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Etsy Page

Flickr Page

www.flickr.com
thefrenchfleashop's items Go to thefrenchfleashop's photostream

Followers

About Me

My photo
The French Flea is a Birmingham, AL based business specializing in selling painted and distressed furniture, rustic home decor and more. It reflects a love of anything french, rustic, shabby, chippy paint, distressed! We currently have a booth at Greystone Antiques on Hwy. 280 in Hoover and The Blue Building in Alabaster. We also offer custom furniture painting and will be your "picker" or personal shopper and look for pieces you are in search of! To contact The French Flea, call Karen at 721-0578 or email kbush422@gmail.com!