Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Redecorating on a Budget!

I have been slowly trying to make some updates to my house on a budget! I love learning tricks and getting ideas from bloggers, magazines and friends and have tried to use some of those ideas in my home.

Paint is probably the best way to make the biggest change for the least amount of money. I found a can of oops paint in my paint closet that was a sage green/gray and repainted my kitchen and a hallway and love it.



I also painted some pieces I had that were natural wood which makes a big change...





You can even paint lamp bases for a big change (this one isn't quite finished!)

Displaying family photos in rustic frames are a great way to personalize and warm up your home!


The carpet was really looking bad with all the painting and moving furniture so putting down your own flooring is really not that hard!


Crystal chandeliers always add a french touch to any room.


I purchased this whitewashed piece several years ago at an unfinished furniture store and had it in the dining room area but moving to the living room gave it a whole new look!



!



Pieces handed down in the family are the most sentimental and can always find a place in your home.



I know I've blogged about this before but if you have window panels that are not very thick and heavy, you can add another pair behind them and just clip both pair on rings to give it a much heavier, richer look.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Etsy Page

Flickr Page

www.flickr.com
thefrenchfleashop's items Go to thefrenchfleashop's photostream

Followers

About Me

My photo
The French Flea is a Birmingham, AL based business specializing in selling painted and distressed furniture, rustic home decor and more. It reflects a love of anything french, rustic, shabby, chippy paint, distressed! We currently have a booth at Greystone Antiques on Hwy. 280 in Hoover and The Blue Building in Alabaster. We also offer custom furniture painting and will be your "picker" or personal shopper and look for pieces you are in search of! To contact The French Flea, call Karen at 721-0578 or email kbush422@gmail.com!