Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Miscellaneous!

So I made sure to watch the Nate show this morning to see Shaunna from the Perfectly Imperfect blog. She did a great job and they showed lots of footage from her home where you can get tons of ideas from painted and distressed furniture to architectural pieces to great interesting vintage finds!


A local dealer had given me a couple of plain white paneled doors to do something with so here is one - I based it in black then did a quick dry brush over that with cream and then did another quick brush coat over that with a taupe then distressed and added a pair of sconces. Pieces like this just tucked in a corner or hung on the wall can add rustic and architectural interest to your home!


I blogged this summer after I did the Briarwood Flea Market about meeting a couple who are pickers and travel around the country picking from some of the biggest flea markets. They have a sale to dealers and I really wanted to go but I had to take my car in that morning and by the time I was ready to go, another dealer told me they were almost sold out! But here is one piece another dealer bought at the sale that I'm painting - it's so cute and she also bought a cute vintage cupboard I'm working on. I will definitely go early to the next sale!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Etsy Page

Flickr Page

www.flickr.com
thefrenchfleashop's items Go to thefrenchfleashop's photostream

Followers

About Me

My photo
The French Flea is a Birmingham, AL based business specializing in selling painted and distressed furniture, rustic home decor and more. It reflects a love of anything french, rustic, shabby, chippy paint, distressed! We currently have a booth at Greystone Antiques on Hwy. 280 in Hoover and The Blue Building in Alabaster. We also offer custom furniture painting and will be your "picker" or personal shopper and look for pieces you are in search of! To contact The French Flea, call Karen at 721-0578 or email kbush422@gmail.com!